Introduction to Using Zoom
In order to minimize distractions for yourself and others in the meeting, please treat the virtual meeting room as you would a classroom and bring your full attention. Plan to join the meeting from a quiet, private location.
Joining a Zoom Meeting on a Desktop or Laptop Computer
- If you are not already a Zoom user, download Zoom to your computer by clicking the link we provided to you;
- Please do this well in advance of your first session;
- Once Zoom has downloaded to your computer, it should open automatically when you click on our meeting invite for each class;
- You will find yourself in the meeting room.
- Make sure that your audio and video are turned on and you can see your face on the screen. If you are having trouble at this point, email ?? so that we can help you
- Now you are ready to use Zoom!
Joining a Zoom Meeting on a Smartphone or Tablet
Though we strongly recommend using Zoom on a desktop or laptop computer you may use a tablet or smartphone if that is a better option for you.
- If you are not already a Zoom user, search for Zoom in the Google Play or App Store on your mobile device.
- Download the free app. Please do this well in advance of our first session.
- Open the app and click Join a Meeting. Enter the meeting ID (the 9-10 digit number at the end of the link you have been provided).
- Click Join and you will find yourself in the meeting.
- Make sure that your video is turned on and you can see your face on the screen.
- Now you are ready to use Zoom! To join the drop-in class at the set time, simply enter the Meeting ID in the Zoom app.
- Remember to mute yourself when not speaking. – Use headphones rather than playing the audio through speakers. This will help reduce echoing/background noise for others in the meeting.
- Ethernet will provide a more stable internet connection than WiFi.