Next Compassion Cultivation Training (CCT) program in Vancouver BC
September 26 – November 14, 2019; eight Thursdays: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
This course is full. Next training will be held in early 2020.
Centre for Peace, Canadian Memorial United Church
1825 West 16th Ave., Vancouver BC
- Magdalena Szpala, CCT Facilitator
Certified by the Centre for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education, Stanford University
- Pippa Rowcliffe, CCT Facilitator in Training
Tuition: $325, includes handouts, guided meditation recordings, classroom instructions.
If cost presents a barrier please contact the facilitator directly. A discounted rate might be available.
Cultivating compassion goes beyond feeling more empathy and concern for others. It develops the strength to be with suffering, the courage to take compassionate action, and the resilience to prevent compassion fatigue. These qualities support a wide range of goals, from improving personal relationships to making a positive difference in the world.
Compassion cultivation can also support one’s own health, happiness, and well-being. Preliminary research suggests that CCT and similar programs can increase self-compassion and self-care, reduce stress, anxiety, and depression, and enhance connection with others.
Before you register, please read the details below:
- Mindfulness: Daily meditation, visualization, and breathing practices to develop loving-kindness, empathy, and compassion
- Coursework: Two-hour weekly classes that include lecture, discussion, and in-class listening and communication exercises with partners and small groups
- Assignments: Real-world homework to help you practice compassionate thought and action
- Alumni Group: Course graduates are invited to drop-in sessions for group discussions and updates on the latest compassion research
Compassion Cultivation Training courses are educational and are not meant to treat psychological disorders. Participation in the course requires regular attendance and adhering to basic classroom policies; participants who miss more than two classes or otherwise disrupt the learning environment may be asked to withdraw from the course without a refund.
Full refunds minus processing fee ($25) will be issued if we receive your cancellation request any time before the course starts and also after the first class – as long as the facilitator is notified at least two days before the second class of the course.
Still have questions? – see: Compassion Cultivation Training FAQs